My great friend (and client) Cornelia Luethi, of “The Leaky Bathtub”, is a brilliant small business marketing consultant. Here is a roundup of her best articles from 2012.
“The new year is a great time for marketing planning. And whatever’s on your To Do list for the year to come, you’ll find a topic here to help you.” ~ Cornelia Luethi
How to increase your website conversions
- How to make your website ridiculously easy (and pleasant) to use
- Which fonts are best for websites?
- What’s the purpose of a website home page?
- Your quick, 10-step guide for building trust online
- Are you using this little-known online trust building technique?
- What’s best: a contact form or an email address?
- How to make your business friendly
- How to make your website appeal to both Decisive Dan and Tentative Tom
- Does your website have calls-to-action suitable for both Decisive Dan and Tentative Tom?
Shhh… here are Cornelia’s copywriting secrets!
More than 90% of Cornelia’s work is copywriting for clients. And there’s usually a waiting list for her services!
- Why are headlines important?
- What makes a good headline?
- Common words you need to stop misspelling
- Is your negative language turning prospects away?
- Discover the one word you should never use in your marketing copy…
- 3 cunning ways to use numbers in your copywriting
- Why article writing is the reluctant marketer’s best friend
- How long should an article be?
How (and why) should you write photo captions?
Cornelia has a bee in her proverbial bonnet about photograph captions… discover why you should use photo captions in all your marketing. Plus there are step-by-step tips on how to write good photo captions:
- How one measly sentence could double your readership
- How to write photo captions that’ll get remembered
- Understanding Features and Benefits and how to use them in photo captions
How to use technology to generate more repeat business
… a.k.a. “How to grow your beanstalk of customer loyalty”.
This series of articles looks at all the different technologies you have available to you to grow your customer retention rates:
- How to get your customers to climb the magic beanstalk of loyalty
- Why social media is both great and terrible for customer retention
- Why the humble telephone is your stealth jet for customer retention
- Snail mail: Why it pays to go retro with your customer retention campaigns
- Business thank you cards: How to grow your business with two little words
- Why email marketing should do the donkey work in your customer retention campaigns
- The 3 different types of email marketing: What they are, and how to use them together
This series on customer retention will resume in the next issue of Marketing Tips – it ain’t over yet!
More articles on email marketing…
Because email marketing is such an important part of customer retention, here are more articles to help you:
- How to get more email newsletter sign-ups on your website
- Why you shouldn’t ask prospects to ‘subscribe’ to your newsletter
- Are your email newsletters suffering from the ‘message in a bottle’ approach?
- What’s a ‘normal’ open rate for email newsletters?
- Email marketing breakdown? Here’s your recovery plan
I highly recommend that you sign up for Cornelia’s free newsletter, so you can get articles like these regularly in your inbox.